Martello Park, Felixstowe
Suffolk Coastal District Council (SCDC) redeveloped the south seafront as part of the wider regeneration of Felixestowe.
The maritime park includes play areas, formal and informal gardens, events space and associated facilities. The seafront setting influenced the design approach, with an emphasis on natural, coastal materials and planting, including a spine of shingle dunes which link the elements within the site.
Through the course of the project, James Blake Associates:
- Undertook extensive site assessments, research and analysis
- Developed concepts and masterplans informed to meet an evolving SCDC brief
- Gave presentations to SCDC and associated groups
- Completed public engagements
- Consulted English Heritage and prepared information for Scheduled Ancient Monument and Listed Building Consent
- Participated in the public art steering group
- Prepared all necessary contract documents