The Ecology team at James Blake Associates excel at finding solutions to enable construction projects to proceed with minimum delay and minimum cost whilst ensuring that clients fulfil their legal obligations with respect to wildlife law.
We value the environment and seek to maximise opportunities for enhancement, but at the same time we recognise development demands and ensure that a balanced approach is implemented.
Our services Include:
- Initial site surveys including pre-purchase surveys
- Phase 1 surveys
- Specific species surveys
- Licence applications
- Representing clients at consultations and inquiries
- Practical management work such as habitat creation and manipulation
- Compensation and mitigation strategies and physical works, including exclusion fencing and translocation
- Site supervision
- Management plans and monitoring
- Expert advice on ecological issues and associated legislation.
- Ecological impact assessment
- Habitat creation advice and drawings/documents
- Receptor site identification and preparation.
There is a variety of flora and fauna under legislative protection. These include:
- Great Crested Newts
- Red Squirrels
- Water Voles
- Many rare meadow plants
We have the skills and expertise to support you with your project and provide the necessary advice to ensure a smooth pathway to success and implementation.
The Ecology team work alongside the James Blake Associates' in-house Landscape Architects and Arboriculturalists to provide a complete and unified environmental service.